Wednesday 2 February 2011

I've been given power and authority

Ahoy me heartees. How have you all been over the past couple of weeks? I seem to have been very busy but don’t have a great deal to show for it, apart from my significant news.

I eluded to this a couple of entries ago. I can confirm that I have been offered a job in the Greater London area with hours that suit my aspirations to spend more time at home with the little one.

This is superb news for me personally and also for the Daddy Cool family. I should, however, add that this blog is about parenting and my experiences as a stay at home father and so I’m not going to go into detail about my work now or in the future.

I am also counting down the days until I leave my present job (thankfully there are only days to go). There’s no hiding it, I’m getting demob happy.

On the parenting front, I have just been appointed one of the Parent Representatives at Helen’s nursery. It’s a bit like being a School Governor, in that I will get to attend quarterly meetings to discuss how the nursery runs, what I think about the service it provides, express concerns, compliment successes and so on.

I’m very happy about this. While I know I won’t have the influence of a School Governor, I will have a greater say over Helen’s childcare and both Anna (and my mother-in-law) are impressed. The other thing to add is that I couldn’t have considered this if I remained in full time employment because making the commitment to attend the meetings would have been so difficult.

I have also made a bet with myself that I will be the only male representative. I'll be attending my first meeting in a couple of months time so I'll let you know afterwards!

Until the next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment